SPOILER ALERT – Do not continue reading if you don’t want to know what happens in the season two finale of The Boys!
The season two finale of Amazon Prime Video’s smash-hit series The Boys is now streaming and there’s so much to recap from that explosive episode.
Throughout the second season, we followed Homelander (Antony Starr) and his relationship with the son (Cameron Crovetti) that he just learned exists, whose mother is Becca Butcher (Shantel VanSanten), aka the long-lost wife of The Boys leader Billy Butcher (Karl Urban).
Homelander also began a relationship with the Seven’s new member Stormfront (Aya Cash), who we later learned is a white supremacist from Nazi Germany and was the first successful Compound V subject a long time ago.
Starlight (Erin Moriarty) worked alongside The Boys and her boyfriend Hughie (Jack Quaid) to help take down Vought and they even have received some help from Queen Maeve (Dominique McElligott).
Also, throughout the season, The Deep (Chace Crawford) and A-Train (Jessie T. Usher) have been wrapped up in the Church of the Collective, which is essentially a satirical version of Scientology. They’ve been promised that if they reach higher levels in the church, they’ll get to return to the Seven.
So, what happened in the finale?
Click inside for a recap on the biggest moments…
- A-Train helped Starlight and Hughie out by stealing files that proved Stormfront was a member of the Nazis, which made the country turn against her.
- Homelander and Stormfront got his son Ryan to turn against his mom in the penultimate episode and they took him away, but Becca worked with The Butcher and The Boys on a plan to get him back.
- The Boys were able to track down Homelander and Ryan, and they created a strategy to get Homelander to leave the house to give them a chance to grab Ryan.
- After Stormfront thwarted their escape, she ended up in the woods with Billy, Becca, and Ryan. She grabbed Becca in a chokehold against a tree and Billy wasn’t able to overpower her. At this point, Ryan was able to harness his powers for the first time and used his heat vision to defeat Stormfront.
- Ryan’s heat vision unfortunately also struck his mom Becca in the neck and she bled to death. Moments before she died, Becca made Billy promise that Ryan knows that her death was not his fault and that he’ll care for him.
- Stormfront was seriously injured by Ryan and Homelander showed up at the scene and got emotional when he saw her condition. He told Ryan to come with him, but he went to Butcher instead. Queen Maeve appeared and told Homelander to let them go. She threatened him with the video from the airplane and told him to also leave her and Elena alone.
- During a press conference with Edgar, we found out that Stormfront was neutralized and placed in an undisclosed facility. Vought also blamed her as the sole perpetrator of the attack on Washington and they put the release of Compound V on hold.
- A-Train got a spot back in The Seven thanks to the Church of the Collective and for being the one to leak the archives. The Deep, however, did not get a spot back in The Seven and when he blew up at the Church’s leader, he got labeled as a toxic person.
- Billy puts Ryan in the custody of Grace (Laila Robins), who is the former director of the CIA and the person who founded The Boys.
- In one of the final scenes, we saw the leader of the Church of the Collective talking to Congresswoman Victoria Neuman (Claudia Doumit) and he congratulated her on the take-down of Stormfront. He then asked her to give the Church a tax break and moments later, his head exploded. We then see that Victoria was standing outside his office and she’s the one that made his head explode. She’s a Supe!
- In the last scene, Hughie showed up as Victoria’s office and asked for a job on her campaign.
Source: Read Full Article