THE Queen has banned Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Prince Andrew from the Buckingham Palace balcony at her Platinum Jubilee celebrations, it was revealed today.
The trio had been expected to join Her Majesty for the traditional Trooping the Colour RAF flypast – but "after careful consideration" they will now be publicly excluded.
Only working members of the Royal Family will wave to crowds on The Mall as the monarch celebrates 70 years on the throne.
The 96-year-old will stand alongside Charles and Camilla, William and Kate, and their kids George, Charlotte and Louis.
Also on the line-up will be Anne and her husband Sir Timothy Laurence, Edward and Sophie, and their children Lady Louise Windsor and James Viscount Severn.
A Palace spokesperson said: "After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year's traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday 2nd June will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen."
READ MORE ROYAL NEWS
Queen, Kate & Wills wish Archie a ‘very happy’ third bday with throwback photo
The Queen says she will not attend royal garden parties this year due to health
The symbolic move is likely to be interpreted as a snub to Harry and Meghan, who quit the monarchy for a new life in the US two years ago, and to Andrew, who was cast out of the institution over his civil sexual assault case.
The Sussexes, who after Megxit are no longer serving royals, were only last month invited to join the festivities, though they never confirmed their attendance.
There were fears they could "hijack or overshadow" the long weekend's events, which take place from June 2 to June 5.
Sources suggested the couple may bring their daughter Lilibet, 10 months, to meet her great-grandmother for the first time alongside son, Archie, who turns three today.
Most read in The Sun
JACK THE LAD
Jack Grealish looking to score with Love Island hopeful after liking her pics
JACK THE LAD
Michelle Heaton in tears on Loose Women over rehab letter from husband
RAF jets escorting plane over London sparks panic – but there's an explanation
Tipping Point fans heartbroken after contestant dies following filming
Palace planners were said to be frantically trying to decide where the California-based pair should stand for the balcony line-up.
But today they announced they were being snubbed from it entirely, alongside Andrew, who was last month stripped of his York title.
The under-fire royal was given the freedom of the city of York in a lavish ceremony in 1987, shortly after his marriage to Sarah Ferguson.
But on April 27, the city council voted to remove his status as an Honorary Freeman in an extraordinary meeting.
He is the first VIP to be stripped of his freemanship since Jimmy Savile posthumously had his freedom of Scarborough removed in 2011 after revelations about his sickening crimes came to light following his death.
On June 2, Trooping the Colour – the sovereign's official birthday parade – will kick start the four days of Jubilee festivities.
Eighteen members of the Royal Family are set to gather on the famous frontage, with the monarch "looking forward" the weekend of celebrations.
ROYALS INVITED TO JOIN THE QUEEN ON THE BALCONY:
- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex and their children Lady Louise Windsor and James Viscount Severn
- The Princess Royal and Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
- The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
- The Duke of Kent
- Princess Alexandra
The head of state has made an exception for Anne's husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim, who is not a working royal, and her two youngest grandchildren Lady Louise and James, and her Cambridge great-grandchildren George, Charlotte and Louis.
The Palace spokesperson added: "In addition the Cambridge and Wessex children are also expected to appear as is Sir Tim Laurence, who the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on official engagements."
Andrew stepped down from public duties in 2019 and just weeks ago paid a reported £12million out of court to settle a civil sexual assault case.
He was repeatedly denied all claims against him.
Andrew was stripped of his honorary military titles and forced to no longer use his HRH style, but he played a key role in March when he escorted his mother to the Duke of Edinburgh's thanksgiving service.
Harry and Meghan quit as senior working royals amid the Megxit saga, but there was speculation they might return to the UK to attend the Jubilee celebrations.
Andrew and the Sussexes could still make an appearance during other parts of the weekend.
Read More on The Sun
Defiant Boris shrugs off ‘tough night’ in London but hails Red Wall triumph
Hairy Bikers Dave Myers reveals he’s battling cancer and having chemo
An insider said: "Other family members will be invited to events.
"We've always made that clear and they are likely to be public events."
Source: Read Full Article