This Morning: Amanda Owen details fruit crumble ingredients
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Amanda Owen was joined by her three youngest children; Anna, seven, Clemmy, five, and Nancy four to help make a fruit crumble. Appearing on ITV’s This Morning live from her cottage kitchen, the Yorkshire Shepherdess took viewers through the steps, explaining the different fruits which could be used and what ingredients were needed. Holly Willoughby commented on the “nuttiness” of the crumble topping, while Phillip Schofield said the fruit was “beautiful”. Here’s the full recipe.
Amanda Owen’s Hedgerow nutty crumble, serves 4
For the fruit filling
40g golden caster sugar
Two Braeburn apples, peeled and sliced
200g Bramley apples, peeled and sliced
300g foraged berries or any mixed berries, such as blackberries and wild raspberries
For the crumble topping
125g plain flour
85g unsalted butter, diced
85g Demerara sugar
50g rolled oats
30g chopped toasted hazelnuts
Custard or ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / Gas four.
2. To make the fruit filling, melt the butter in a pan, add the sugar and apples and gently simmer for five minutes. Add the berries and simmer for two minutes, then transfer to a 23cm round ovenproof dish.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the crumble topping – put the flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, oats and hazelnuts.
4. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit, then place the dish on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until the crumb is golden and fruit bubbling.
5. Allow to cool slightly before serving with custard or ice cream.
Amanda’s top tip: Try using other seasonal fruits, such as damsons or gooseberries.
Source: Read Full Article