Summer holidays are back on the agenda and many people are already jetting off to catch some summer sun. If you’re looking to book a holiday or you’ve already got one booked you might be thinking about putting together the perfect wardrobe and that’s where we can help.
We’ve already pulled together our ultimate swimwear for every shape guide, to ensure you feel confident by the pool and on the beach, but what about the rest of the time?
If you’re looking to pack a little lighter, we’ve pulled together 10 of the best summer dresses that can be worn in the day and then dressed up in the evening, and how to style them, meaning you don’t need quite as many clothes.
And don’t forget to check out our amazing sandals under £30 to make sure your feet are kitted out too. And if you’re looking specifically for plus size dresses, you can find our favourite plus size summer dresses here.
Dress, was £15.99 now £14.99, Shein
If you’re looking to pack light, then this blue and white mini dress is the one for you. Perfect for day or evening it also comes in several other colours too.
1. Wear with flat sandals and a big straw hat for easy summer style. You can also layer it over a white crew neck tee for cooler days.
2. Throw off the tee, discard the sandals and add your favourite neutral coloured wedges or embellished sandal to dress this mini up in a minute.
Dress, £9, Matalan
Nothing says holiday like a palm tree, so this palm tree print had to make the cut.
1. Of course this is a great day dress and the bandeau silhouette will ensure you can top up that shoulder tan. This is also great for slipping on, on top of a swimming costume.
2. The gold foil print also makes this a great little evening cocktail dress when you’re on holiday. Load up on the costume gold jewellery such as a statement necklace and chunky bangles to take this dress from poolside to party.
Dress, £34.99, H&M
This gorgeous white broderie anglaise dress is so versatile and one that you will want to pack into your suitcase if you’re heading to sunnier climes this summer.
1. During the day, wear as it is with a pair of flip flops or flat sandals.
2. Wear without the slip underneath round the pool for the perfect swimwear cover up.
3. Add a slim waist belt, big earrings, a statement clutch and a pair of wedges and you’re good to go for dinner.
Dress, £29.50, Marks and Spencer
You can’t really go wrong with a strappy sun dress and we love the red, white and blue geometric print on this one.
1. Wear in the day as is, bare armed or with a white crew neck tee underneath if it’s slightly chillier. Pair with some white or red sandals for a relaxed summer day look.
2. Sling over a red or white cardigan, add some red heels and you’re good to go for a retro inspired evening.
Smock dress, was £28 now £25.20, Jac Jossa x In The Style
This smock dress will keep you super cool and chic during the hot weather.
1. Great for wearing over your swimwear as you head to a beach or pool, the smock shape is the easiest and breeziest summer buy.
2. This might not be the dressiest of purchases but in a block rose hue it is essentially a blank canvas. Add some leg tie up sandals or heels to smarten this smock up and added a statement necklace and you’re ready to party.
Shirt dress, £49.99, Zara
A shirt dress is a summer classic and the vibrant blue and white print here definitely conjures up holiday vibes.
1. Wear in the day for sight seeing and team it with a pair of white plimsole style shoes.
2. Jazz up this gorgeous waist tie shirt dress for evening with a pair of towering heels and some big earrings for an instant glam vibe.
Dress, £44.99, Reserved
This tiered style dress is very in for this season and this washed out green will be great on that new tan.
1. Wear as is in the day, the floaty silhouette will help keep you cool in soaring temperatures.
2. For evening add a pair of wedges or espadrilles and some layered gold necklaces and bangles to embrace that holiday vibe.
Dress, £65, And Other Stories
This red linen dress is a bit on the pricey side but remember linen is perfect for hot climates.
1. This dress is such a simple base layer and the bright pop of colour makes it perfect for holiday vibes. Pair with Converse, white plimsoles or low rise trainers for a good day look.
2. As evening falls, replace trainers for strappy or heeled sandals and a pair of statement earrings and get ready to party the night away.
Dress, £26, Next
This image is really transporting us right now and that emerald hue is just begging for some summer sunshine.
1. As the picture suggests, throw on your cross body bag, add some sunglasses and a pair of comfy shoes and start that site seeing.
2. For the evening, sway the cross body bag for a clutch and exchange sunglasses for a gold chain and gold drop earrings, before kicking of your comfy sandals for am embellished summer shoe.
Dress, £22.99, New Look
This leopard print number is described as a beach dress so it’s pretty much demanding to be taken on a holiday.
1. Do as the dress commands and throw it on over a swimming costume as you head to the beach.
2. Dress up for the evening with a pair of smart tan sandals and some big gold earrings and go wild.
Source: Read Full Article