Colton Underwood spotted filming docuseries in NYC before coming out

More On:

Colton Underwood

Colton Underwood-Billy Eichner clip goes viral after ex-‘Bachelor’ comes out

Carole Radziwill slams Colton Underwood for going on ‘The Bachelor’

Chris Harrison breaks social media silence to support Colton Underwood

Andy Cohen, Meghan McCain support Colton Underwood after he comes out

Colton Underwood’s reality TV career isn’t over yet.

The former “Bachelor” is working on a docuseries for Netflix about coming out as gay — and he’s been shooting it all over New York City, Page Six has learned.

“Colton began filming prior to going on ‘Good Morning America,’” a source revealed after Underwood’s sit-down with Robin Roberts aired on Wednesday. “The docuseries has been in the works for a few weeks.”

The athlete became a reality star in 2018 after competing on Becca Kufrin’s “Bachelorette” season and then “Bachelor in Paradise.” In 2019, he led Season 23 of “The Bachelor,” where he met Cassie Randolph. The former couple broke up one year later and filmed a since-scrapped reality show about navigating separate lives.

“Colton has wanted to do a docuseries-type project for a while,” the source told us. “After the one with Cassie didn’t pan out and he ultimately came to terms with his sexuality, he decided to document his journey to inspire other people who have struggled with coming out.”

A spy told Page Six that Underwood filmed at the Mondrian Park Avenue hotel on Monday and also shot a segment at the Supreme store in Soho with Bongo Productions. The following day, he pre-taped his “GMA” interview and also stopped by Stonewall Inn, the historic gay bar in Greenwich Village.

“He was walking into Stonewall alone, but they were clearly filming,” an eyewitness outside the Stonewall told us. “There was a red carpet rope, so it was clear it was a private event. Twenty minutes later, there was a camera crew outside.”

During his emotional conversation with Roberts, the former football player said that he “came to terms with” his sexuality earlier this year after questioning it for years.

“The next step in all of this was sort of letting people know,” he said. “I”m still nervous, but yeah, it’s been a journey for sure.”

Underwood has since received supportive messages from countless celebrities, former “Bachelor” contestants and the franchise’s crew.

“We are so inspired by Colton Underwood’s courage to embrace and pursue his authentic self,” the executive producers of “The Bachelor” said in a statement Wednesday. “As firm believers in the power of love, we celebrate Colton’s journey in the LGBTQIA+ community every step of the way.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article