TESCO is bringing out a £15 meal deal for Valentine’s Day – and it’s cheaper than last year's offering.
Diners can tuck into heart-shaped brownies, beef Bourguignon or steak as part of the romantic selection.
Tesco Finest Prosecco is also included in the Valentine’s Day meal deal.
For £15, loved-up diners can choose one starter, main, side, vegetable, dessert and drink, with each course serving two people.
The deal is also cheaper than last year when Tesco charged £20 for its Valentine’s Day offer.
But the 2020 offer did include two mains – with one option being a lobster mac and cheese – which was ideal for couples who can’t agree on what to eat.
What’s included in the Tesco Valentine’s Day meal deal 2021?
LOVE is in the air at Tesco thanks to its £15 Valentine’s Day meal deal.
Diners can choose one starter, main, side, vegetable, dessert and drink, with each course serving two people.
- Tesco Finest Antipasti Platter 91G – usually £3
- Tesco Finest Hot Smoked Salmon & Watercress Tartlets 260G – usually £3.50
- Wicked Kitchen Crispy Garlic M’shrooms with Smokey Ketchup 210g – usually £3.00
- Tesco Finest Garlic and Parsley Camembert Sharing Bread 270g – usually £3.00
- Tesco Finest Scottish Salmon En Croute with Lemon Butter Sauce 350G – usually £6.00
- Wicked Kitchen Wicked Wellingtons 300G – usually £5
- Tesco Finest Rump Steaks with Pink Peppercorn Butter 300G – usually £8
- Tesco Finest Pesto & Parmigiano Breaded Chicken 355G – usually £6.00
- Tesco Finest Chicken In Cabernet Sauvignon 400G – usually £6.00
- Finest Duck Breast Portions with a Cherry Hoisin Sauce 320g – usually £6
- Finest Slow Cooked Beef Bourguignon 540g – usually £6.00
- Tesco Finest Potato Dauphinoise 400G – usually £2.60
- Tesco Finest Triple Cooked Chips 400G – usually £2.60
- Wicked Kitchen Potato & Butternut Gratin 380G – usually £2.60
- Tesco Finest Three Cheese & Chive Cauliflower Cheese 350G – usually £2.60
- Tesco Finest Green Trio 260G – usually £2.60
- Tesco Finest Leeks, Petits Pois & Savoy Cabbage 250G – usually £2.60
- Wicked Kitchen Chocolate Brownie Heart 220G – usually £3.50
- Tesco Finest Raspberry & Passion Fruit Cheese Cake Slices 180G – usually £3.00
- Finest Millionaire Tarts 150g (Vegetarian) – usually £3.00
- Finest Belgian White Chocolate and Raspberry Pots 160g – usually £3.00
- Finest Double Chocolate Profiteroles six-pack – usually £3.00
- Tesco Finest Prosecco Valdobbiadene Docg 75Cl – usually £10
- Freixenet 0.0% Alcohol Free Sparkling 75Cl – usually £5
- Tesco Finest Pinot Grigio 75Cl – usually £7
- Tesco Finest South African Malbec 75Cl – usually £7.50
- Tesco Finest Pinot Grigio Blush 75Cl – usually £8.50
- Fentimans Traditional Ginger Beer 4x 275ml – usually £4.53
- Fentimans Curiosity Cola 4x 275ml – usually £4.53
You only get one main with this year’s Valentine’s Day meal.
Another change is that you get to pick a vegetable option as well as a side, which means you don’t need to choose between a potato dish and your greens.
Tesco told The Sun that the maximum saving from this year's deal is actually bigger than previous years.
The most shoppers can save is £15.20 compared to buying each item individually.
For this saving, you'd need to buy the smoked salmon tarts for your starter, which cost £3.50, and the rump steak and pink peppercorn butter for your main, priced at £8.
It doesn't matter what side or vegetable dish you choose, as they're all priced at £2.60 each.
For the end of your meal, the heart-shaped brownie is the most expensive – therefore giving the best saving – at £3.50.
And the maximum save for your drink includes Prosecco, usually priced at £10.
This combination would usually cost £30.20 – but you'll only pay £15 because of the deal.
In previous years, the most you could save was £13.80.
It's also better value than rival Co-op, which is charging £15 for its Valentine's Day deal but you only get one side with their offer.
The M&S Valentine's offer will set you back £20, while Sainsbury's is also charging £20 for its romantic selection.
The Tesco Valentine's Day dine in is available in Extra stores and online from February 8, and Express stores from February 10, until February 14.
Iceland’s £8 Valentine’s Day meal deal includes steak or a “big daddy” fillet of beef.
Here's how we rated all the Valentine's Day supermarket meal deals from 2020 including Tesco, Asda and Aldi.
Morrisons was rated highest with its impressive savings of £19.20 and a decent selection of food.
Source: Read Full Article