SUN-STARVED Brits can now head to the Balearic islands for a family-friendly break, with many hotels that also have waterparks.
From 4am this morning, the Balearic Islands, which include Ibiza, Menorca, Majorca and Formentera, have been added to the green list.
It means that Brits don't have to isolate when returning to Britain, though they do have to get at least two tests.
Brits who do head to Spain will need to be fully vaccinated or have a negative Covid test, however, under new rules being enforced later this week.
Those who are happy to take a punt on getting away to the islands can find some great deals on family friendly hotels, including some with onsite water parks or pools with water slides.
- Jet2 Holidays Balearic island hotels with water parks from £495pp
- TUI 7-nights at Club Hotel Aguamarina Menorca from £497pp
- First Choice 7-nights at 7-nights at from £680pp
- TUI 7-nights at Globales Bouganvilla Majorca from £541pp
- On The Beach Balearic island family holidays from £137pp
- LoveHolidays Balearic island hotels with waterslides from £224pp
- British Airways Holidays balearic islands breaks from £529.50pp
Except for Malta, all destinations are currently on the green 'watch list' which means they might possibly revert back to amber.
If you have booked a holiday in a green list country that later turns amber, you will need to self isolate on your return to the UK.
This week’s best deals on holidays abroad
- Iceland holidays: cheap deals to the green list country
- Get Universal Orlando theme park tickets for adults at kids’ prices
- Gibraltar holidays from £105pp as country makes UK green list
- Disneyland Paris reopens today – with breaks from £335pp
On the Balearic islands, there is still a curfew from midnight to 6am, while just eight people can meet outdoors, or six indoors.
In Majorca and Ibiza, four people can dine together at restaurants and bars while this is six in Menorca and eight in Formentera.
If you're looking for more foreign holiday inspiration, we've found cheap all inclusive holidays for this summer and there are many cheap package holidays.
For breaks in the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains and we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
We've also rounded up great deals in the UK's warmest places and found the best kid-friendly beaches and England's best family-friendly seaside towns.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article